Welcome to Our World!

Monday, June 15, 2009

Trekkin' Along...

My very handsome pioneer husband....

And me....are you kidding...why does David look like a rough and tumble, getting the work done, 1850's stud...and I look like someone who recently escaped out of Colorado City?

David and Kristen go pioneering.



Okay, so we didn't actually "trek", but David and I spent the weekend at our Stake Pioneer Trek. We are the fireside committee, which included a pre-trek fireside in February, the Family Home Evening during the trek and a post-trek fireside at the end of the month. It was wonderful to see the trek in action and see all of the hard work on the part of so many people pay off. And the best part...we were able to experience the wonderful trek, without having to actually walk the trek.


It really was a long and difficult ordeal (I hear), but with difficultly comes growth and wonderful experiences. It was fun to see the kids I know and hear their reactions. We have such a terrific group of young women in our ward and I am so blessed to work with them. I loved seeing them in their pioneer clothes, with dirt from stem to stern, some of them limping from blisters and all of them tired beyond description, but for the most part, they were smiling and pushing on, taking in every activity and the lessons each day brought.



I am looking forward to hearing reports from each of them after the experience is over and they are clean and well fed and well rested. I know they will return with a new appreciation for the legacy of our pioneer ancestors and with a stronger testimony of the gospel.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I didn't realize the pioneers wore such cool sunglasses!!! lol Seriously, you guys look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet pioneer shades! What a great way to participate in the Trek! I hope our Stake deciceds to go next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colorado City is right! You should have seen the looks I got when we stopped at a gas station on the way home and I went in to use the bathroom. I can only imagin what they were thinking. I thought the fireside turned out great. Thanks for organizing it.

    ReplyDelete